One Day, I was working in the kitchen, and Emma (my 5 months old daughter) was playing in our living room. I heard a noise and came to check her out. OMG, she was crawling! I was so damn scared as there were all sorts of things on the floors and even WIRES!
Me and my husband immediately started searching for a solution and the best one we came to know is a play yard for her. It’s impossible to be with the baby all the time as there are things to be done like attending the laundries, cooking, using the bathroom etc. Besides, our baby also needs a safe space to play and tire herself out.
So finally, we decided to purchase one play yard from the Graco. That seemed to be the safest to us after all the searching online.
Reviews of Best Baby Play Yard
Anyway while searching, we found out some other fabulous options. So, I decided to share some of the options with you. If you are a parent looking for a play yard, this article will help you a lot.
Scroll down to check them out:
Graco Pack n’ Play Playard Bassinet Changer with Cuddle Cove Rocking Seat
In child accessory industry, Graco is one of the best names. This Graco Pack n’ Play Playard Bassinet Changer with Cuddle Cove Rocking Seat will provide your little one enough room to stay comfortably. Looks amazing and comes with plenty of cool features.
- Soft fabrics that are gentle on the baby’s skin
- Mild vibration in the bassinet and rocking seat to calm your baby
- Adjusts with the growth of the baby
- Changing tables, organizer and 3 cubbies make diaper changing really easy
- Carrying handles that allow you to move your baby
- Sturdy changing station
- Canopy does not stay in place
Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard
The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play is known as the parent’s choice product. Safest, the lightweight, beautifully designed and comes with lot more feature to overwhelm your little one. For the money, one of the absolute best baby play yard today.
- Freestanding and portable for usages both inside and outside
- Lightweight folding metal frame
- Travel bag with strap improves portability
- Mesh sides for easy visibility
- Comes fully assembled and unfolds in seconds
- Weather-resistant floor
- The metal bars pose a risk as the baby might hit itself
Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard, Aspery
Another Graco product is here to entertain your little one. The Graco Pack n Play Playard is the absolute beauty with a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on the Amazon. The construction quality is strong, attractive with multicolor and supports the weight perfectly. Also never vibrates and amazingly portable.
- Removable, full-size bassinet
- Automatic folding wheels and feet for a more compact fold
- Folding is fast and hassle-free
- Sturdy construction
- Has a toy bar that has soft toys for your baby to play with
- Durable frame ideal for travel
- Difficult to clean
- Does not come with attachments
JOOVY Room Playard and Nursery Center
The JOOVY Room playard is an all-in-one nursery center solution. Use it as a bassinet, changing pad station and even play yard! Easy to assemble and will fit with any décor perfectly. The item is undoubtedly safe, portable and comfortable!
- Bassinet, changing station and play yard
- Has a diaper organizer with compartments
- Side pocket for storing sheets and blankets
- Comes with a zippered travel bag
- Includes waterproof cotton sheet
- Bassinet, organizer and changing table are removable
- Two wheels allow tilt and roll mobility
- Assembly is difficult and time-consuming
Lotus Travel Crib and Portable Baby Playard
The Lotus is more than a travel crib! Exceptionally light and portable and takes 15 seconds max to set it up. Use it wherever you wanted. Constructed with premium quality materials and it is surely one of the best baby play yards at present.
- Easy to set up
- Backpack portability
- Breathable mesh
- Fun side door that can be zipped up
- Removable and machine washable crib cover
- The zipper is noisy enough to wake up a sleeping child.
BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light
The BABYJORN Crib is ideal from newborn to 3 years old. The construction makes it soft and comfortable for baby’s delicate skin. The design is also pretty amazing. If you need a Crib that is made of a chemical-free material, this is the right choice.
- Easy setup
- Soft and thick mattress
- Machine washable fabrics
- Easy to fold
- Chemical-free construction
- Not convertible to a bassinet
Cosco Funsport Playard
For the design, the Cosco Funsport Playard is praised all over the world. It takes less than a minute to fold it up. The construction quality, materials, and functionality are highly admirable. So far one of the best baby play yards for the money.
- Spacious playard
- Folds compactly
- Wheels on one end
- Sets up in less than a minute
- 4 mesh sides and padded floor
- Bottom is flimsy
All of the above seven best baby play yards are safe, constructed with high-quality materials and comes at a reasonable price. But before you make a decision, I strongly recommend you to consider below factors seriously.
First of all, know about the Safety Standards
Between 2007 to 2011, more than 2000 play yard incidents were reported to CPSC. According to these reports, 170 were injured, and 60 children were dead. So, before you purchase, go through the safety issues and options carefully. Never Ever go for a used play yard!
Secondly, know about the materials
The play yard must be made of premium quality skin-friendly materials for the baby. This is a must. Harmful chemicals can make your baby sick.
Thirdly, Know the Age and Weight Limit
All the play yards have weight and age limits. After this limit, the item should no longer be used. You should know that carefully to prevent any kind of accident.
Apart from all of these, you should know about the price, cleaning process and assembly system. However, as it is for your baby, so I suggest you to go for a well-known brand even if it costs a bit more. Well, known brands are more trustworthy.
Frequently Asking Question about Baby Play Yard
Who’s most at risk?
All the children under the age of four years are prone to most accidents at home. Also boys are at high risk of accidents than girls.
Where do accidents happen?
Accidents mostly occur in the living rooms or dining rooms. But serious accidents happen in the kitchen or on the stairs.
Are play yard safe for the baby?
If you use the right size play yard for your baby, it is safe. Otherwise, anything can happen. Besides, the market is full of bad products, for safest experience stay away from those.
Can your baby Sleep in the play yard?
Play yard is not safe for a long duration of sleep. Play yards are advisable for napping but not for a long duration
Before I leave
If you are expecting a child soon or you are a parent of a newborn baby, you should learn about some necessary safety fact.
- Your home must be the safest place for the baby
- Cover up electric points, wires and keep them away from the reach of your child
- Keep your floor dry
- Keep every sharp object away
- Always keep your home clean
- Never purchase any product which is made of harmful chemicals and artificial color
- Always remember the safety standards
This is how you can keep your home baby proof. I know, as a mother, it is impossible to keep an eye on the baby for 24/7. We have to use the bathroom; we have to cook, we have to clean the house and so on. Is it possible for us to drag her inside the toilet with us? NO!
That’s why a good play yard is one of the best solutions. Pick one of the safest models from the market and keep your baby safe in there.